Manufacturing Engineer - Fablink technologies based in Brixworth, Northampton
Position Title Manufacturing Engineer
Location Brixworth, Northampton (On Site)
Company Fablink Technologies
Reports To Project Engineering Manager
Direct Reports None
About the Role
• Provide production process definition and the creation of Standard Operating Process documentation across multiple projects.
• Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that would benefit from changes and improvements.
• Provide manufacturing input into the development of jigs and fixtures.
• Provide manufacturing strategy input to the automation initiative.
• Develop production process and standard operating process documentation.
• Examine existing layouts and develop new layouts as appropriate to improve product flow through the business, including stillage and material storage solutions.
• Suggest improvements to existing gauging / fixturing that will improve the process without affecting quality.
• Lead engineering tasks to support New Product Introduction (NPI) process from manufacture to Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) sign off, including production readiness.
• Product Planning/Costing including effective scrutiny of manufacture costs, physical measurement of process performance and identification of improvement opportunities. Confirmation of actual costs vs estimate and reporting.
• Develop layouts and workflow solutions.
• Provide financial justifications for new plant and equipment investment.
• Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to manufacturing.
• Assist customers with product design proposals.
• Provide management with engineering related reports.
• Ability to generate and implement improvement ideas in manufacturing through building effective relationships with internal and external customers.
• Strong organizational and analytical skill with ability to manage multiple projects.
• Detailed knowledge of Lean manufacturing.
• Determination to consistently strive for excellence and quality.
• Ability to manage change at across functional areas and deliver improvements.
• Strong presentation skills to include both training and senior leadership presentations.
• Experience performing time study activities and setting repeatable standards.
• Knowledge/Use of Microsoft products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word).
• Engineering degree or HNC plus experience.
• Design/CAD Ability to interrogate CAD models and construct 2D and 3D drawing data. Competent in use of Radan, Solid edge, TOPS nesting and Sigmanest software.
How To Apply
Should you wish to be considered for this role, require further information, or know of a suitable external candidate, please contact:
Phill Britton, Project Engineering Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Internal Candidates: Please ensure your manager/supervisor is aware of your application.
Benefits We Offer
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave + extra days for years of service
• Long Service Award Recognition
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Financial Wellbeing Support
• Gym Discounts
• Retail Discount Scheme
• Additional benefits may be available based on role
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
At Fablink, we recruit, hire, employ, train, promote, and compensate individuals based on job-related qualifications and abilities. Fablink also has a longstanding policy of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual and is free from all forms of employment discrimination, including harassment, because of race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.