To support the introduction of new product into FCSL & develop processes to support product build, manufacture and safe launch into operations
Reports to Head of Site Engineering
Responsible for Manufacturing Engineering
Close Liaison with Production, purchasing, quality, material control, production planning, internal and external customers
Key Areas of Job
1. Lead the Manufacturing Stream for APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) within NPI, (New Product Introduction).
2. Create and maintain Value Stream Maps for the project and if required existing production areas.
3. Develop and introduce SOP’s (Standard Operation Procedures) for all aspects of the process and control amendments where required
4. Liaise and work closely with our Technical Team to ensure design and maintenance of tools and equipment meets productivity needs.
5. Lead productivity improvements during initial project SOP (Start of Production) phase and in current product lines, through layout and process optimisation activities.
6. Train and guide the manufacturing team in continuous improvement methodology and techniques.
7. Support the Quality Function in their creation of Control Plans through effective FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis).
8. Create and maintain TPM, (Total Productive Maintenance) process.
9. Support T card improvement process & operations within the plant and ensure all improvements are logged and analysed. Report outs where required.
10. Ensure focus on health and safety is maintained whilst conducting given tasks
Any other tasks as reasonably requested.
Key Performance Indicators
Ø Work to agreed project timelines
Ø Meet project phase dates for manufacturing readiness
Ø Ensure engineering project spend is not exceeded
Ø Meet project Gate 6 cost targets and run reviews
Key Post Holder Requirements
Ø Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement, APQP, 6 Sigma, Value Stream mapping, standard work, process risk, route cause analysis, 8D & problem solving skills
Ø A recognised qualification or equivalent in a technical subject
Ø Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
Ø Possess ability to build sound business working relationships at all levels.
Ø Organised and self-disciplined.
Ø Project Management Skills.
Ø Ability to motivate others and work collaboratively to drive change to achieve success.
Ø Act in a team-oriented fashion which optimises benefits to the business as a whole.
Ø Ability to think quickly and solve problems.
Ø Fully conversant with M.S. Office particularly, Excel & Word & PowerPoint
Ø Ability to work on own initiative.
Ø Positive flexible attitude.
Ø Supports and drives continuous improvement ethos.
Hours 07:30 - 16:30 Monday to Thursday, 07:30 - 12:30 Friday
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£37,000.00 per year
If you are interested in this role please send CV to I.email@example.com